Danye's Moon

Because being a big sister is usually harder than it looks.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Danye's Moon

















as we cross a bridge to I don’t remember where
her voice floats towards me from behind
“momma, look! my boat!” she says excitedly
“why is he out there at night,” she wonders
“he’s catching moonbeams just for you,”
her mother says and I am awed by it
“ooooo,” says my niece, eyes shining
the moonlight making her face glow
she’s so lovely, like a moonbeam herself
shimmering radiance, inspiring beauty
she leans closer to the window, looking
“oh, momma, there it is,” she says smiling
“my moon! isn’t it beautiful?” eyes sparkling
yes, it is, but not near as beautiful as danye

2 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger SweetestT said...

This one was my favorite. I can remember riding in the car and the look on her face when she saw "her moon". She's growing up so fast and it doesn't happen very often anymore. Thank you for the memories.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Princess LadyBug said...

Yeah, I can't believe how tall she is getting. *sigh* It's not fair. They should stay small forever. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home